Requirements for Coaching
- Must be aware of the Special Olympics and Stark DD philosophies.
- Have general knowledge of the sport. Coaching experience is preferred.
- Must be able to drive to away games, meets, and state tournaments. This requires a three hour van training at our bus garage.
- Must be able to commit at least 2 nights of the week to the practices and/or games.
- Must be willing to have a background check done by not only Stark DD, but Special Olympics Ohio.
- Must work well with others. Having a strong coaching staff is vitally important for the well-being and safety of the Special Olympians.
- Be sure to fully enjoy working with people with developmental disabilities!